Medical Imaging - Digital Radiography
High-resolution cameras with superior dynamic range and quantum efficiency (QE) are paramount in the world of medical imaging. In radiographic X-ray imaging applications, the more detail extracted from an X-ray image, the more accurate the diagnosis. The MEGAPLUS (11 MP) family of cameras offers a unique range of impressive features relevant to radiographic imaging applications.
Our cameras lead the high-resolution X-ray imaging market with passive thermal management, or active cooling, of its 11megapixel (MP) cameras. Thermal management is usually performed through a thermo electric cooler (TEC) and less often with water to cool the image sensor. The MEGAPLUS EC11000 is a unique, actively cooled camera design that does not require a fan or other moving parts. Features include:
- Suits demanding applications such as industrial QA/QC, document imaging and life sciences research
- Based on the 4008X2672 format, 9 µm pixel interline sensor (offered in both monochrome and color)
- Tethered head design isolates primary electronics from the sensor's cooling path for excellent reduction in dark noise
- Offers up to 4.63 frames-per-second at full 11 mega pixel resolution and 12 bits-per-pixel
- Significantly reduces dark and thermal drift using Peltier cooling
- Enables maximized cooling of the sensor without a fan
- Retains well-known features of the MEGAPLUS line, such as dual data interface (CameraLink or Firewire), the ability to operate up to four cameras from a single controller, online flat-field and gamma corrections
- Allows users to mix and match camera heads on a single controller for maximum flexibility
Features like these enable customers to precisely match the needs of their specific application with the right camera options. Whether working in low-light levels, high-dynamic range, or with extremely long or short exposures, we will build the camera for your specific needs.
Princeton Instruments builds cameras specially designed for direct fiber bonded and indirect X-ray applications. Please contact us for more information concerning your cutting-edge application.