Document and Film Capture
High-resolution digital cameras are now common in the fields of document and film scanning, used primarily for digitizing film, pictures, documents, and more. Digital camera systems with better accuracy and speed have replaced traditional "film" capture devices such as scanners in this market. Our digital cameras allow operators to simply shoot images without processing film, saving them both time and expenses while providing higher dynamic range and quality of their images. The MEGAPLUS (11 MP) family of cameras offers a unique range of impressive features relevant to most document capture and film scanning systems.
Our 11MP EC11000 camera combines active cooling with a high data rate. This balance of features maximizes accuracy of detail in image shadows while maintaining the high-throughput requirements for efficient data capture. This camera is quickly becoming a standard for high-dynamic range film capture applications. Features include:
- Suits demanding applications such as industrial QA/QC, document imaging and life sciences research
- Based on the 4008X2672 format, 9 µm pixel interline sensor (offered in both monochrome and color)
- Tethered head design isolates primary electronics from the sensor's cooling path for excellent reduction in dark noise
- Offers up to 4.63 frames-per-second at full 11 mega pixel resolution and 12 bits-per-pixel
- Significantly reduces dark and thermal drift using Peltier cooling
- Enables maximized cooling of the sensor without a fan
- Retains well-known features of the MEGAPLUS line, such as dual data interface (CameraLink or Firewire), the ability to operate up to four cameras from a single controller, online flat-field and gamma corrections
- Allows users to mix and match camera heads on a single controller for maximum flexibility
The 11MP EC11000 cameras come in a variety of configurations which balance different footprint (camera size) requirements with cooling needs. The MEGAPLUS ES11000 model is a thermally managed version of its popular 11MP cameras. This system can be easily integrated into tight spaces for more accurate inspections. Also, camera sizes can be custom designed to suite customer-specific needs. Other features include:
- 11 mega pixel interline-transfer camera head and controller, offering both CameraLink and FireWire interfaces selectable via our MegaPlus Central controller software
- Supports up to 12-bit monochrome image, or 36-bit color images at 4.63 fps for full resolution and over 13 fps with 4 x 4 binning
- Most ideal for ophthalmology, document scanning, aerial photo and scientific imaging applications
MegaPlus was the pioneer of several state-of-the-art cameras for the FPD inspection market and currently stands at the forefront of the industry. This unique two-piece MEGAPLUS camera system allows customers to easily integrate up to four cameras on the same system without multiple computers, capture boards, or other duplicate components. Please contact us for more information concerning your cutting-edge application.