High-speed digital cameras with superior resolution are quickly becoming popular among web and coating inspection researchers. Digital camera systems with significant versatility are replacing older analogue inspection systems. The MEGAPLUS (11 MP) family of cameras offers a unique range of features relevant to a variety of high-speed inspection and manufacturing diagnostics applications.
Our 11MP interline cameras are now the high-resolution standard for many coating and inspection markets. Numerous 11MP camera configurations are available for accommodation with various mounting and form factor requirements. For instance, the miniature MEGAPLUS EM11000 can fit into smaller, hard-to-reach places, while the cooled MEGAPLUS EC11000 design eliminates unwanted noise.
The MEGAPLUS ES11000 is the thermally managed version of the popular 11MP cameras. This unique camera, specifically designed to move heat away from its sensor, bypasses its competitors in noise reduction and superior image quality production. This system can easily integrate with high-frequency strobes for freezing and capturing incredible amounts of image detail. Other features include:
- 11 mega pixel interline-transfer camera head and controller, offering both CameraLink and FireWire interfaces selectable via our MEGAPLUS Central controller software
- Supports up to 12-bit monochrome image, or 36-bit color images at 4.63 frames-per-second for full resolution and over 13 fps with 4 x 4 binning
- Most ideal for ophthalmology, document scanning, aerial photo and scientific imaging applications
MEGAPLUS is at the forefront of the web, coating, and industrial inspection markets and has pioneered several state-of-the-art cameras for these applications. The unique two-piece MEGAPLUS II (MPII) camera system enables customers to easily integrate up to four cameras on the same system without using multiple computers, capture boards, or other duplicate components. The MPII's single consul permits multiple camera head synchronization, so all the cameras can be triggered in the same instant. Please contact us for more information concerning your cutting-edge application.
Flat Panel Inspection
High-resolution digital cameras have become a mainstay of the flat panel inspection and calibration market. Digital camera systems with better accuracy and speed are rapidly replacing human labor for inspecting defects in flat panel displays. The MEGAPLUS family of cameras offers a unique range of impressive features relevant to most customer manufacturing systems for the inspection and calibration of flat panel displays and components.
Our 11MP EC11000 camera combines active cooling with a high data rate. This balance of features maximizes accuracy of data in the shadowed part of an image while maintaining the high-throughput requirements of the world's top FPD manufacturers. This camera is also the FPD standard. Features include:
- Suits demanding applications such as industrial QA/QC, document imaging and life sciences research
- Based on the 4008X2672 format, 9 µm pixel interline sensor (offered in both monochrome and color)
- Tethered head design isolates primary electronics from the sensor's cooling path for excellent reduction in dark noise
- Offers up to 4.63 frames-per-second at full 11 mega pixel resolution and 12 bits-per-pixel
- Significantly reduces dark and thermal drift using Peltier cooling
- Enables maximized cooling of the sensor without a fan
- Retains well-known features of the MEGAPLUS line, such as dual-data interface (CameraLink or Firewire), the ability to operate up to four cameras from a single controller, online flat-field and gamma corrections
- Allows users to mix-and-match camera heads on a single controller for maximum flexibility
These 11MP EC11000 cameras come in a variety of configurations which balance different footprint (camera size) requirements with cooling needs. The MEGAPLUS ES11000 model is a thermally managed version of its popular 11MP cameras. ES11000 cameras can easily integrate into systems for tight space inspections. Also, camera sizes can be custom designed to suite customer-specific needs. Other features include:
- Supports up to four cameras on the MEGAPLUS central controller
- Low noise and high-dynamic range
- Small camera heads fit in tight areas
- Interline CCD
- 2048 x 2048 pixels
- Color or monochrome
- 8, 10, 12, or bits
- CameraLink and FireWire interface
- Applications: medical imaging, flat panel inspection, wafer inspection
MEGAPLUS is a pioneer in the FPD inspection market and currently stands at the forefront of the industry. The unique two-piece MEGAPLUS camera system allows customers to easily integrate up to four cameras on the same system without the need for multiple computers, capture boards, or other duplicate components. Please contact us for more information on your cutting-edge application.